Substantial amount information is collected during rendering DepositFiles Services in ordinary course of business. No unnecessary information is stored or collected. DepositFiles shall do its best to safeguard your privacy within the legal boundaries. Collected information may be classified as (i) public, (ii) confidential and (iii) private.
There is certain information which is not confidential and thus subject to third party review and automated filtering to ensure observance of DepositFiles User Agreement and supplemental policies:
Any end-user materials which is accessible by means of publically available URL (e.g. http://depositfiles.com/files/*********).
Any information you wishfully elect to disclose to public or which has been known to public prior to being collected by DepositFiles.
- Public materials.
The following nonprivate information is collected by DepositFiles and is considered confidential pursuant ordinary commercial practices:
File names and underlying data.
Any data you upload to DepositFiles servers is stored confidentially, unless you decide to disclose it.
Anonymous statistics are collected for security and antifraud means.
DepositFiles does not index data or pages to be available in human-readable form and proceeds with reasonable actions to stop any third parties (e.g. search engines) from indexing independently;.
- File names and underlying data.
- The following nonprivate information is collected by DepositFiles and is considered confidential pursuant ordinary commercial practices:
The following information held by DepositFiles is protected by privacy laws and remains undisclosed unless stated otherwise
Any personal information not made publically available through your action or inaction - is confidential and is not subject to disclosure or filtering upon presumption of fair use;.
Any financial transfers between you and DepositFiles are handled by third party, payment services. Your payment details are disclosed to such third parties for the aim of completion of each transaction. The security and non-disclosure of such information is handled by such third parties under their current policies. DepositFiles does not sort or store numbers or any information related to your banking card..
IP address of your browser is detected due to the use of Internet-protocols. Such IP address is stored by DepositFiles servers for internal use (usage registration, optimal downloads use, statistics, antifraud etc.). IP records are recoverable for at least 6 months since your last use of the Service.
DepositFiles servers store and sort user e-mails for the purposes of registration and statistics. DepositFiles does not lease, sell, or provide your e-mails to any third parties;.
- Personal information.
Safekeeping of private information.
We have taken the security measures at the server's physical location to protect from loss, incorrect usage, or change of personal information provided by the users of the Service. Personal data, saved at the servers of DepositFiles can be accessible only automatically by the server to DepositFiles staff members. Private information is encrypted and access keys are geographically separate from encrypted data. Pseudonymization is used wherever possible.
Your personal data is portable. You may use OpenID (i.e Google or Facebook account) to access the Service.
Right to deletion of private information.
Commencing on May 25 2018 you shall be granted “a right to be forgotten”. You may request removal of your Private information by contacting DepositFiles customer support while logged into you personal account. Your private information shall not be deleted immediately. Automated step-by-step removal procedure shall commence as follows:
- DepositFiles immediately stops rendering Services upon request to remove private information.
- Your private information is pseudonymised. The instances of private information which may be used for personalization of pseudonymised data are encrypted and moved to a separate location. Encryption keys are kept offline. No such pseudonymised data private information may or can be processed other than stored.
- Encrypted private information is set for automated deletion upon expiry of 6-month term. Such 6 months period is based on common for anti-fraud/chargeback policies of processing banks and financial institutions.
- Upon of legitimate request of a bank, financial institution, law enforcement agency, court or any other person authorized by law, pseudonymised data may be restored and used for protection of legal interests of DepositFiles.
- Contents of communication with DepositFiles customer team is not deemed private and shall not be pseudonymised or deleted. Please refrain from inadvertent disclosure of any private information during casual communication with DepositFiles.
- The following information held by DepositFiles is protected by privacy laws and remains undisclosed unless stated otherwise
Advertisers' access to information.
Certain third parties may have access to your non-personally identifiable information as follows:
Impression of advertisements.
Third-party behavioral advertising practice.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our web site. These companies may utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info and Networking Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- Impression of advertisements.
DEPOSITFILES MAY DISCLOSE ANY CONFIDENTIAL AND PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CASE IT BECOMES NECESSARY TO DEFEND ITS JURIDICAL RIGHTS.
IN CASE YOUR ACTIONS LEAD TO SUSPICION OF TANGIBLE OR ASSUMED SABOTEUR ACTIONS OR POSES A POTENTIAL THREAT TO ANY PERSON'S PHYSICAL SAFETY OR ANY OTHER GRAVE CRIME, ALL YOUR KNOWN INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES, PAYMENT DATA) MAY BE DISCLOSED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT ORGANIZATIONS AND/OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
IN CASE OF ANY EVIDENCE OF DISTRIBUTION OF THE FILES CONTAINING MATERIALS WHICH APPEAR INVOLVING CHILD EXPLOITATION, THE ACCOUNT BELONGING TO THE USER WHO UPLOADED SUCH FILES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED AND ALL KNOWN INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES, PAYMENT DATA) WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING & EXPLOITED CHILDREN AND/OR HOTLINE COMBATING CHILD PORNOGRAPHY ON THE INTERNET, AS WELL AS LAW ENFORCEMENT ORGANIZATIONS AND/OR MEMBERS OF INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION CAN BE LAWFUL AS A RESULT OF A LEGAL PROCESS.